Top 5 Training Tips
Osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy gives us his Top 5 Training Tips.
Top 5 Training Tips
- Set some GOALS. This could be in relation to lifting a specific weight by a specific date, committing to a specific number of training sessions per week. Those who set GOALS are more likely to achieve their GOALS. I like the idea of a SMART Goal. To read more about SMART GOALS, please click here.
- Be consistent. Consistency is the KEY when it comes to training. Failing to be consistent with your training is only going to limit your development.
- Get yourself a TRAINING PARTNER. Training partners are great because they can help motivate you, spot you during a session and make you be accountable to someone else apart from yourself.
- Push yourself. If you don’t push yourself in the training room, then don’t expect to improve. The body needs to be stressed in order to allow itself to recovery and get stronger.
- Look after your nutrition, sleep, hydration. Failure to address these areas in your training will only result in sub par gains.
Osteopath Heath Williams is owner and director of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD and Docklands leading Osteopathy Clinics.
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.