Shaun completed his Bachelor of Science (Clinical Science) and Masters in Osteopathy at Victoria University.
Shaun’s practice style incorporates manual therapy-based treatment and has a particular interest in rehabilitation and promoting self-health and wellbeing through education and lifestyle changes.
Shaun also consults for Corporate Work Health Australia who specialise in workplace ergonomic assessments and education, and currently conducts ergonomic training and risk assessments across Melbourne.
Shaun is an avid basketballer. After playing for more than 15 years, including a tour of the USA, he moved into coaching in both junior and senior programs at the Blackburn Basketball Club.
Shaun has also previously worked as a sports trainer at the Whitehorse Football Club and has treated athletes at several other sporting events including netball and dodgeball.
Outside of work, you will find Shaun watching or participating in whatever sport is available, which often includes a round of golf with his mates or watching his beloved Collingwood Football Club.
Shaun is available for consultations at our Melbourne City CBD Clinic on Mondays and Wednesdays. When not working in the CBD, Shaun consults at The Osteopaths of Blackburn
POST GRADUATE COURSES COMPLETED
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Course – SMA
- Rocktape Taping Course – Rocktape Australia
- Level 1 Myofasical Dry Needling and Cupping – Manual Medicine Australasia
- NAT Foundation Course – Treating Frozen Shoulder – Neil Asher (osteopath)
- Ergonomic Risk Assessment Course – Corporate Work Health Australia
- Introduction to kettlebells for Rehabilitation – Nick Efthimou (osteopath) and James Ross (S&C)
- Dynamic and Sports Rigid Taping Workshop – Paul Herman (osteopath)
- Mobility, Stability and Motor Control For Performance – Greg Dea (FMS)
- Introduction to Strength Training For Allied Health Professionals – Martyn Girvan (S&C Coach), Daniel Di Pasqua (S&C Coach) & Heath Williams (osteopath)
- Vehicle Ergonomic Risk Assessment Course – Corporate Work Health Australia
- Using psychological pain management tools and news ways of communicating with your patients in the physical therapy setting – Helen Mentha Mentha Consulting Motivational Interviewing and Kaye Frankcom
- Exercise for chronic pain 2 hour workshop – Nick Efthimiou (osteopath)
- Strength and Conditioning Applications For Upper Body / Lumbar Spine and Lower Body Musculoskeletal Complaints – 2 day workshop – Martyn Girvan (S&C), Daniel Di Pasqua (S&C Melb Storm), Heath Williams (osteopath / s&c)
- Reconciling biomechanics with pain science – Greg Lehman (physiotherapist/chiropractor)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy education course – DJO Global Chattanooga – 1 day course – Cliff Eaton (physio)
- Tendinopathies – Sports Doctor Karen Holzer – South Yarra Sports Medicine
- Kinetic Link Training – Level 1 – Wayne Rogers Physiotherapist
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course – Level 1 – Lyn Watson
- 5 Step Kinetic Chain Screen Workshop – Free 2 Move – Grant Burrows Osteopath – Nov 2019
- Long term athletic development approach to strength training for the inexperienced emerging athlete – ASCA – Dec 2019
- Mick Hughes – Non-Operative Management of ACL – Feb 2020
- Analysis of Olympic Weightlifting – Benjamin Lustig Physiotherapist – June 2020
- Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety – June 2020
- Diploma in Work Health & Safety – due to complete in Sep 2020
BOOK WITH SHAUN