Tendonitis Injuries (also known as tendonosis and more recently coined tendinopathy)
Principle Four Osteopathy treats many patients who present with tendinopathies of the achilles, patellar and many others.
Many people suffer from conditions known as Tendonitis, Tendinosis and more recently known as Tendinopathies. These conditions often involve the overuse of muscles and tendons that result in an irritation of the tendons. If these muscles and tendons continue to be irritated they can become chronic. Many of these conditions can resolve within weeks to months if treated and managed appropriately. In some cases though, they can persist for months on end.
Tendonitis / Tendinopathies Can Typically Occur In The Following Regions Of The Body
- Patellar Tendon (jumpers knee)
- Common flexor muscles of the forearm (golfers elbow)
- Common extensor muscles of the forearm (tennis elbow)
- Thumb muscles (De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis)
- Rotator cuff
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition. This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about how to better treat and manage your back or neck pain, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our Osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Our Clinic Locations
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.