On Friday the 1st/3/2019, Osteopath/Sport Scientist Jarrod Testa held the “How to squat” workshop at principle four osteopathy. At Principle Four Osteopathy, we have an ongoing commitment to getting ourselves and our patients moving, and as of 2019 we have decided to run small group workshops. These workshops are for both allied health practitioners, and the general population, in order to improve awareness of the smaller details that may go into particular exercise execution.
The squat workshop covered topics that are often overlooked, and here is a snippet of what we went through;
- Stability vs mobility. What is the difference?
- What joints need to be stable vs mobile in a squat?
- Stability and mobility drills to implement to help improve the squat pattern
- Cues for different skill levels
- Determining stance and shoulder grip width for the barbell back squat
- Types of squats and when to implement them
- When is playing with different movement tempo useful
- Accessory movements for the squat and sample programming
- Questions and Answers
Although we enter these seminars with a structure of what to cover, we largely change and adapt them based on the participants and what they want to cover. These seminars are likely to add value to any person wanting to improve confidence in the way the move in the gym, or want to be more efficient with the covered movements.
If this is something that interests you, or you’d like to see another type of topic covered in the future, be sure to get in touch with us.
This blog post was written by osteopath Jarrod Testa of Principle Four Osteopathy. Find out more about Jarrod by clicking here.
Book an appointment to see Jarrod by clicking here.
Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading osteopathy clinics. Principle Four Osteopathy is located at Pleasance House, Level 4, 178 Collins St, Melbourne CBD 3000.