Intro Workshop To Strength Training For Allied Health Professionals
Principle Four Osteopathy and Elite Sports Performance have teamed up to run a 1 day practical workshop on Strength Training For The Allied Health Professional. This will be a highly practical course integrated with a clinical and performance approach by the presenters Martyn Girvan, Heath Williams and Daniel Di Depasqua.
This course is suitable for those individuals looking to gain a better understanding of movement assessment, movement preparation/warm up, strength and conditioning exercises such as the bench press, deadlift and squat as well as commonly prescribed accessory training exercises.
Our aim is to give you a greater understanding of the exercises, try these out for yourself, identify and understand when/why/how injuries can occur as well as how to get your clients moving and performing better.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Exercise Physiologists
- Personal Trainers.
- Introduction, review and practical application of common movement screening essentials to identify movement limitations and asymmetries.
- Introduction, review and practical application of movement preparation for training.
- A review of what it takes to be a good coach/instructor.
- Reviewing the indications, technique, common faults, common injuries and why, exercise variations and clinical applications for the squat, deadlift and bench press.
- Practical application of the squat, deadlift, bench press and accessory resistance based exercises.
- Reviewing the indications, technique, common faults, common injuries and why, exercise variations and clinical applications for lower and upper body accessory exercises.
- Discussion and review of strength and conditioning programming and measuring your results.
WHEN Sunday 31st January 2016
WHERE Elite Sports Performance, Warehouse 14, 2 Burleigh St, Spotswood, Melbourne
TIME: 9:00 – 5:15pm (registration starts at 8:30am)
PARKING: Off street parking is available
INVESTMENT: $300 (inc GST).
Martyn has a degree in exercise science and a degree in psychology. Martyn has an extensive background in physical preparation in various sports at an elite level. Martyn was the Strength Coach for the Collingwood AFL Football Club from 2006 to 2014, highlighted by their 2010 premiership win.
Martyn is currently involved with the following sporting organisations:
- Performance Manager for the Malaysian National Track Cycling team (both sprint and endurance) based in Melbourne
- Presenter to the Australian strength and conditioning association
Martyn still competes at an elite level in powerlifting.
Find out more about Martyn and Elite Sports Performance @ http://www.elitesportsperformance.com.au/.
Heath is an osteopath and level 2 accredited coach with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association who works in private clinical practice who has an interest in movement assessment, exercise prescription and strength and conditioning. Heath currently lectures in exercise rehabilitation to osteopathy students at Victoria University.
Heath has carried out post graduate training in Functional Movement Systems, SFMA, Certificate Applied Functional Science (CAFS) and 3DMaps at the Gray Institute, Kettlebell training, powerlifting and much more.
Daniel Di Pasqua
Daniel has been part of the Elite Sports Performance team for over 8 years, combining many years of practical experience in the field of elite sports with high level education.
Daniel currently works in the following sporting organisations:
- Melbourne Storm NRL
- Melbourne Rebels ARU
- Malaysian Olympic Track Cycling team
Daniel has a bachelor’s degree in applied science in exercise and sport science and is currently completing his master’s degree in exercise science.
Daniel has worked with many athletes from various backgrounds including, football, basketball, martial arts, track and field, track sprint cycling, road cycling and triathletes.
Daniel’s main area of expertise is within strength / power development and rehab work following injuries.
BOOK YOUR SPOT ON THE COURSE
Please email email@example.com if you would like to book your place on the course.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The course will be limited to a maximum of 20 attendees.
This course involves both theory and practical application for attendees.
Please ensure that you dress appropriately so that you can participate in all activities.
Participation in activities is not required to pass the course and all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Registrants who have provided 6 weeks notice will be given the option of rescheduling to the same course on another date or can be refunded 75% of the course fees.
A 50% refund of the course fee will be paid to those who cancel with 4 – 6 weeks notice.
A 25% refund of the course fee will be paid to those who cancel less than 4 weeks before the scheduled course.