Hip and Groin Injuries
The osteopaths at our Principle Four Osteopathy Melbourne City CBD and Melbourne Docklands clinics are experienced in providing treatment for many hip and groin injuries.
Recently there has been an increased number of clients presenting to the clinic with femoroacetabular impingements. Typically these clients will present with pain in the hip and groin area. Whilst many people are often quite stiff through the hips, some of these presentations have also presented with labral tears etc that have required surgery.
Taking A Look At The Hip and FAI
Common Hip Injuries & Conditions Include
- FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement)
- Muscle Strains
- Hip capsule tightness
- Labrum injuries
- Post Operative Conditions such as FAI surgery, Labral surgery and Hip Replacement
- Tendinopathies in muscles around the Hip
- Osteitis Pubis
- Groin strains / tendinopathies
- Hamstring origin tendinopathies
- Gluteal tendinopathies
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition. This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about these conditions and how you can better treat and manage these conditions, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Our Clinic Locations
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.