Rehab For An Irritable Shoulder
In the videos below you will see one of Principle Four Osteopathy clients performing a number of exercises focusing on the muscles of their shoulder girdle to build strength through range. These are based on the outcomes of the clients assessment, their current function / capacity and where they want to get to. Exercises include:
- Split kneeling stance – Unstable Weight Plate Press (challenging hip, torso and shoulder stability with a vertical press)
- Band pull aparts (shoulder flexion, external rotation at 90 degrees)
- Modified downward dog (loading the shoulder through vertical stress)
- Ring rows (horizontal row)
- Modified range of motion push up (horizontal press)
- Band rotator cuff external rotation (external rotators at 0 degrees)
- Dumbbell shrugs (upper trap)
This article was written by osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading osteopathy clinics. We are located on Level 4 of 178 Collins St (within Pleasance House) alongside Optimal Health Exercise Physiology. We have a fully equipped strength and conditioning exercise rehab space with osteopathic consult rooms. Our team of osteopaths have an interest in manual therapy, strength and conditioning, exercise rehabilitation and ergonomics. Read more about our team here. Book an appointment online here or call us on 0396709290 to arrange an appointment.
Getting to Principle Four Osteopathy – 4/178 Collins St Melbourne CBD
Trams – Trams run straight out the front of us, with the closest stop at Swantston st and Collins St.
Trains – We are a short 5 minute walk from Flinders St Station, Parliament and Melbourne Central train station.
Parking – off street parking is available on Little Collins St, Russell St and in the many parking businesses (Wilsons parking) nearby.