What is a Functional Movement Screen (FMS)?
Principle Four Osteopathy offers clients the opportunity to undergo a Functional Movement Screen (FMS).
All of our Osteopaths at our Principle Four Osteopathy Melbourne City CBD and Melbourne Docklands clinics are available to conduct a Functional Movement Screen (FMS).
The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) consultation assessed an individuals balance, stability and mobility and allows the assessor to identify imbalances, weaknesses, asymmetries and movement restrictions in the body.
The assessment can assist with an osteopathic consultation, exercise prescription or sports specific conditioning program. It reduces the risk of musculoskeletal injury.
Who would benefit from a Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Consultation?
- Individuals with chronic musculoskeletal complaints i.e. overuse injuries, tendinopathies, recurrent strains and sprains
- Individuals designing an exercise program to improve movement and overall wellbeing
- Individuals playing a specific sport and looking to improve performance
- Information from this consultation can be used:
- To identify issues for specific attention with an osteopathic treatment
- To create a specific exercise program to help correct any musculoskeletal imbalances.
- A Functional Movement Screen (FMS) consultation takes 60 minutes.
The Movement Screen Consultation consists of:
- Case history
- Postural assessment
- Gait assessment
- Balance & Proprioception excursion tests
- Functional movement screen (FMS as created by Gray Cook)
- Movement assessment of Squat, Lunge, Step Up/Down, Push & Pull movement
- Osteopathic and Orthopedic assessment
To read more about the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) designed by Gray Cook, please click here.
Book an appointment online or simply call 03 9670 9290.