Ergonomic Training For The Health Professional
Osteopath Heath Williams and Physiotherapist Wade Brennan will be holding a 1 day ergonomic training course for the health professional (osteopath, physiotherapist, chiropractor, myotherapist and exercise physiologist) on Sunday August 21st. We are fortunate enough to be holding this event at Back Care and Seating in Carlton North. Back Care and Seating is one of Australia’s premier ergonomic equipment providers.
This course has been accredited by Osteopathy Australia (7 hours), Myotherapy Association of Australia (8*1a category points) and ESSA (8 points).
Our course learning objectives are:
- Develop an understanding of the various roles an Allied Health Practitioner can have within an Occupational (Work) Health & Safety setting.
- Describe key statements of relevant Workplace Health and Safety Legislation in Australia.
- Describe and understand the principles of Risk Management and Hierarchy of Risk Control.
- Apply knowledge and skills to undertake a basic ergonomic risk assessment.
- Have the knowledge and skills to problem solve common workplace ergonomic issues.
- Review and understand the importance of communication i.e. consent, verbal and written communication within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
- Learn about the references available to continue further professional learning and development within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
Vic Melbourne Course 2016
Time: 10 – 4pm
Date: Sunday 21st August 2016
Location: Back Care and Seating, 503 Nicholson Street, North Carlton VIC 3054 Australia
Course Cost $330 inc GST
Book your spot on our course by completing the registration form on our webpage link below:
This blog post was written by osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading Osteopathy clinics. At the clinic we treat a wide range of clients, ranging from the office worker, exercise enthusiast to athlete. We have 3 experienced osteopaths working across both of the clinics. The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation. The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation. To speak to an Osteopath or book an appointment at Principle Four Osteopathy, please book online or call 03 9670 9290.