Ergonomic Risk Assessment Training For Allied Health Professionals 1 Day Course
Accredited with Osteopathy Australia, ESSA and IRMA.
This course is designed for those practitioners in both private practice and for those who would like to conduct ergonomic risk assessments within the OHS/WHS setting.
- Develop an understanding of the various roles an Allied Health Practitioner can have within an Occupational (Work) Health & Safety setting.
- Describe key statements of relevant Workplace Health and Safety Legislation in Australia.
- Describe and understand the principles of Risk Management and Hierarchy of Risk Control.
- Apply knowledge and skills to undertake a basic ergonomic risk assessment.
- Have the knowledge and skills to problem solve common workplace ergonomic issues.
- Review and understand the importance of communication i.e. consent, verbal and written communication within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
- Learn about the references available to continue further professional learning and development within the Occupational (Work) Health and Safety setting.
Brisbane Course 2014
Date: Saturday 22nd November 2014
Location: Queensland University of Technology, 2 George St, Brisbane, 4000
Sydney Course 2015
Date: Saturday 7th February 2015
Location: To be confirmed CBD
Melbourne Course 2015
Date: Saturday 21st February 2015
Location: Pilates on Bourke/Docklands
Course Cost $275 inc GST
All courses run 10am – 4.30pm
Presented by Health Williams & Wade Brennan
Director, WHS Consultant & Occ Health Physiotherapist
B App Sc (Phty), Cert IV & Dip WHS, Cert IV TAE
APAM – QLD Chapter Occupational Health Group Committee Member Member Human Factors Ergonomics and Society of Australia
Wade Brennan is co owner of Corporate Work Health Australia which delivers work health and safety services such as ergonomic and manual handling risk assessments and training across Australia. Wade also owns Central Physio and Health on the Gold Coast and has been a practicing Physiotherapist since 2003. Wade has also worked in the UK as both a Physiotherapist and work health and safety consultant.
Osteopath, WHS Consultant, Strength & Conditioning Coach
B.Sci M.O Grad.Cert.Tert.Ed. Cert IV & Diploma Occupational Health & Safety, Cert IV TAE, Level 2 Strength & Conditioning Coach ASCA Member Osteopathy Australia, Human Factors Ergonomics and Society of Australia, Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA), Return to Work Coordinator
Heath Williams is co owner of Corporate Work Health Australia which delivers work health and safety services such as ergonomic and manual handling risk assessments and training across Australia. Heath also owns Principle Four Osteopathy which operates out of the Melbourne CBD and Docklands and has ran this since 2011. Heath has been working as an Osteopath since 2003 and has also worked as an Osteopath in the UK and Sweden. Heath is also a current lecturer in Exercise Rehabilitation at Victoria University within the Osteopathy department.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please email or phone us at:
P: 1300 951 519