Desk and Posture Training For The Worker
At Corporate Work Health Australia we take pride in being able to deliver an interactive, educational and engaging seminar that provides your workers with a better understanding of how to improve their workstation set up and also motivate them to improve their daily movement in the workplace so that they can avoid prolonged static sedentary work postures which may increase your workers risk of developing musculoskeletal strains and sprains.
Below is a description of our most commonly delivered training course for workers. If you would like to find out more about this seminar and book one for your workplace, please email email@example.com or call us on 1300 951 519.
‘Sit-Safe’ – Injury Prevention for the Seated Worker Ergonomic Training (45mins)
After years of experience treating employees from a vast array of industries Corporate Work Health Australia has put together a highly cost effective strategy to educate multiple seated staff members onsite. ‘Sit-safe’ is our program designed specifically for seated workers.
Who Would Benefit From This Ergonomic Training Workshop?
- Workers who are required to perform desk based work tasks in an office environment or home work environment.
- Workers who are required to “hot desk” in the work environment. • Companies who would like to promote a more active workplace and educate their workers on how to improve their sitting and working postures and ergonomics.
- Companies who have identified that there are current ergonomic issues or a number of workers who are suffering from musculoskeletal strains and sprains in the workplace.
Sit-Safe Subjects covered include:
- Back to basics: the cause of back pain in society today
- Basic review of anatomy of the body and why/how injuries occur, including common injury sites, causes and symptoms
- How to improve your seated posture
- How to avoid strains and sprains by varying your work tasks and improving your workplace ergonomics
- How to adjust the chair and workplace ergonomic equipment, desk, keyboard, monitor, mouse, telephones
- The importance of keeping active in the workplace and simple strategies to implement this
- Simple stretches and mobility exercises to help reduce strains and sprain
This blog post was written by osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading Osteopathy clinics. At the clinic we treat a wide range of clients, ranging from the office worker, exercise enthusiast to athlete. We have 3 experienced osteopaths working across both of the clinics. The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation. The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation. To speak to an Osteopath or book an appointment at Principle Four Osteopathy, please book online or call 03 9670 9290.