Are You Suffering From A Wry Neck?
Wry Neck or Acute Torticollis is a condition where an individual is often unable to move their neck due to pain and spasm in the neck. Often individuals will wake or carry out a simple neck movement or upper limb movement that irritates their neck and results in it becoming more and more sore over a period of a few hours. The vast majority of Acute Wry Necks will often resolve over a few days to a week or two.
A visit to your osteopath will allow them to perform some gentle hands on manual therapy and provide you with both advice and some stretches and exercise to help restore normal pain free movement.
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take you through a detailed case history and assessment to help identify the cause of your injury and give you a diagnosis.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for the injury or condition.
- This also includes listening to your goals as a client and ensuring that the treatment and management plan is discussed with you and focused towards you achieving these goals.
- In some cases your Osteopath may be required to refer for further assessment and investigation and this may be with one of our Trusted Professional Network of practitioners.
- Your Osteopath may provide hands on Osteopathy or provide you with an exercise prescription / rehabilitation program.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management program that educates and shows you how to better manage your condition through stretching, mobility and strengthening where appropriate.
To find out more about how to better treat and manage your back or neck pain, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our Osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.