Post Arthroscope Knee Rehab Strategies
In the video below you will see one of Principle Four Osteopathy clients demonstrating a number of exercises that have been incorporated into their program at approximately the 6 week mark following a knee arthroscope that involved some removal of meniscus. These exercises have been gradually added into their program and progressed based on their function whilst also respecting the healing process following the arthroscope. You will see the following exercises in the instagram link:
- Balance reach exercises – sagittal plane (demonstrated) – Balance/Stability Control Focus
- Balance reach – posterior oblique direction (demonstrated) – Balance/Stability Control Focus
- Goblet squat (anterior load hold squat) with range dictated by client comfort – Squat Function/Lower Limb
- Single leg RDL with kettelbell – Single Leg Balance/Posterior Chain Focus
- Step Up with alternating load holds – Single Leg Balance/Control with changing load hold to challenge the pattern
This article was written by osteopath Heath Williams of Principle Four Osteopathy. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading osteopathy clinics. We are located on Level 4 of 178 Collins St (within Pleasance House) alongside Optimal Health Exercise Physiology. We have a fully equipped strength and conditioning exercise rehab space with osteopathic consult rooms. Our team of osteopaths have an interest in manual therapy, strength and conditioning, exercise rehabilitation and ergonomics. Read more about our team here. Book an appointment online here or call us on 0396709290 to arrange an appointment.
Getting to Principle Four Osteopathy – 4/178 Collins St Melbourne CBD
Trams – Trams run straight out the front of us, with the closest stop at Swantston st and Collins St.
Trains – We are a short 5 minute walk from Flinders St Station, Parliament and Melbourne Central train station.
Parking – off street parking is available on Little Collins St, Russell St and in the many parking businesses (Wilsons parking) nearby.