Big thanks to Osteopathy Australia for bringing this to our attention.
The University of Sydney recently published an article that discusses Lower Back Pain and Work Related Disability.
Some of the KEY MESSAGES from the article are:
- Lower back pain arising from ergonomic exposures at work is a major cause of disability.
- People who work in the agriculture industry are at greatest risk, however lower back pain is a problem for many people in across many different occupations.
- People ages 35-65 are at greatest risk.
- Exposure to lifting, awkward postures, vibration and force can increase ones risk of developing musculoskeletal strains and sprains.
- On any given day, a quarter of Australians could be suffering from lower back pain.
- 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their life.
This blog was written by Osteopath Heath Williams. Heath is the director of Principle Four Osteopathy and Corporate Work Health Australia. Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD 3000 & Docklands 3008 leading Osteopathic clinics.
Principle Four Osteopathy Melbourne City – 29 Somerset Place, Basement Level, 3000
Principle Four Osteopathy Docklands – 717 Bourke St, Ground Level, 3008
Appointments can be made by calling 03 9670 9290 or booking online @ www.principlefourosteopathy.com.
– See more at: https://principlefourosteopathy.com.au/common-pain/#sthash.Ruf3ogss.dpuf
Please click here to read the article.