Osteopath Heath Williams has recently successfully completed the online Certificate in Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute. To find out what Applied Functional Science is, please click here.
The certificate in applied functional sciences trains the practitioner in the following:
1. The Process of Applied Functional Science®
2. 10 Observational Essentials of All Movement
3. The 8 Fundamental Movement Patterns
4. Endless Assessment and Movement Variables
5. The Local/Global Movement Continuum
6. 4 step process to Individualized Program Design 7. Functional Movement Assessments
8. How to utilize Local and Global assessments and corrections for the following areas: Foot/Ankle, Lumbar Spine, Knee, Thoracic Spine, Hip, Cervical Spine and Shoulders.
For more specific information, please check out http://www.grayinstitute.com/cafs.aspx.
What does this mean for the patient coming to Principle Four Osteopathy to see Osteopath Heath Williams?
- Heath can apply the principles of applied functional science when assessing your movement and prescribing you a strength and conditioning program.
- Your mobility and strength and conditioning program is likely to include a variety of mobility and strength and conditioning exercises that incorporates all planes of motion.
- Ultimately, your treatment and prescription of mobility and strength and conditioning exercises will be tailored specifically to you and your goals based on the principles of applied functional science.
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
To speak to an Osteopath or book an appointment at Principle Four Osteopathy, please book online below or call 03 9670 9290.