Elbow, Wrist and Hand Injuries
The osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy Melbourne City and Melbourne Docklands Osteopathy clinics are experienced in treating a variety of elbow, wrist and hand injuries.
A Look At The Elbow
Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow) typically causes the individual pain on the outside tip of the elbow. Whereas Medial Epicondylitis (golfers elbow) causes pain on the inside tip of the elbow. Both of these injuries are common and will often occur following overuse. The vast majority of those who suffer from these injuries won’t often even play tennis or golf.
Common Elbow, Wrist & Hand Injuries Treated
Below is a list of the most common elbow, wrist and hand injuries seen at Principle Four Osteopathy.
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylopathy)
- Golfers Elbow (Medial Epicondylopathy)
- Muscle strains
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Carpal Tunnel
- Joint restrictions
- Post operative elbow, wrist and hand injuries
- Rehabilitation from fractures
How Can An Osteopath At Principle Four Osteopathy Help You?
- Your Osteopath will take a thorough case history and perform a detailed assessment to diagnose your injury and complaint.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is appropriate for your injury and in line with the latest research and evidence for your injury.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with a treatment and management plan that is line with your specific goals, whether this be to eliminate pain, work without pain or return to sport or activity.
- Your Osteopath will help identify any potential maintaining and aggravating factors for your injury and provide you with solutions to reduce this. This may include an assessment of how you perform specific tasks and an ergonomic risk assessment of your workstation and suggest equipment or changes to improve your ergonomics.
- Your Osteopath will provide hands on manual therapy that may include soft tissue massage, stretching, dry needling, taping and mobilisation.
- Your Osteopath will provide you with self management strategies regarding your injury management and prevention strategy. This may include referral to one of our Trusted Professional Network, advice on pain management with ice and rest, assessment and prescription of a stretching, mobility and strengthening program.
To find out more about these conditions and how you can better treat and manage these conditions, please call 03 9670 9290 or book an appointment online to see one of our osteopaths at Principle Four Osteopathy.
Our Clinic Locations
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.