2 Person Manual Handling
A 2 person manual handling technique is a lift that is commonly performed by many of us in a home or work environment. Whilst the 2 person manual handling technique is often a safe and efficient way to move larger objects, there are obvious risks associated with performing this lift.
When performing 2 person manual handling technique, we should suggest the following tips:
- Assess the object that you are planning to manual handle.
- Plan the task before grasping the object.
- Communicate with your co worker about how the lift will be performed.
- Select a co worker who you trust and can communicate with.
- Try and select a co worker who is of similar body size and shape.
- If you feel that lifting the object is outside your abilities, then plan another way to perform the task.
Principle Four Osteopathy is one of Melbourne City CBD leading Osteopathy clinics. At the clinic we treat a wide range of clients, ranging from the office worker, exercise enthusiast to athlete. We have 3 experienced osteopaths working across both of the clinics.
The Melbourne City CBD clinic is located at 29 Somerset Place (basement), close to the corner of Elizabeth St and Little Bourke in the Melbourne City CBD. Our premises adjoin the Jon Weller Personal Training Studio, a fully-equipped training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
The Docklands clinic is located at 717 Bourke St (Ground Floor), beneath the Channel 9 building near the walkway from Southern Cross Train Station to Etihad Stadium. Our premises adjoin Pilates on Bourke, a fully-equipped pilates and yoga training space which allows clients to combine their osteopathy treatment with exercise tutorials, pilates or specific training programs and rehabilitation.
To speak to an Osteopath or book an appointment at Principle Four Osteopathy, please book online or call 03 9670 9290.