In this weeks blog post we will look to provide those of you who have not seen Tim at the clinic a brief summary of his clinical and non work interests.
A bit about Tim outside of the clinic
- Tim is an avid Collingwood football club supporter
- Tim previously played amateur football for Melbourne High School Old Boys football club in the amateurs
- Tim is currently involved in a few projects relating to education around the environment and sustainability
- Tim has experienced his fair share of musculoskeletal injuries over the years and understands the impacts this can have on ones health and wellbeing
- Tim loves travelling, having recently spent 4 months away in Central America in 2019. During the summer months Tim can be found down at Torquay surfing when not in Melbourne.
A Bit About Tim’s Working Career
Tim graduated from Victoria University in 2012 and travelled for 12 months following study before starting with Principle Four Osteopathy in 2014. He has now been working at the clinic for < 5 years and currently works Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. Outside of private practice Tim is heavily involved with teaching Myotherapists at the Southern School of Natural Therapies as well as the osteopaths across multiple year levels at Victoria University. When time allows Tim will also undertake OHS consulting for Corporate Work Health Australia.
Some of the recent post graduate training courses Tim has recently completed include:
- 3D Maps Movement and Performance System – Gray Institute
- Olympic Lifting and Crossfit Workshop – Andy Trinh, Vault 226 Crossfit
- Powerlifting Workshop – Martyn Girvan, Elite Sports Performance
- Kettlebell Workshop – James Ross – GS Science Dry Needling certified.
- Functional Movement Group – MAT Course
- Sports Trainer certified.
- Sports injury taping.
- Kinesiology taping.
- Ergonomic risk assessment and training (CWHA).
- Manual handling risk assessment and training (CWHA).
- Graduate Certificate Tertiary Education Vic Uni 2015
- Strength Training For Allied Health Practitioners – Elite Sports Performance & Principle Four Osteopathy
- Resistance Training Program Design & Periodisation For Allied Health Professionals – Michael Crichton
- Level 1 Shoulder Course (Lyn Watson physio)
- Neil Asher Frozen Shoulder Technique Certified
- Neil Asher Advanced Training Course
- Rolling workshop – Greg Dea
- Introduction to kettlebells for rehabilitation – Nick Efthimou (osteopath) and James Ross (S&C)
- Dynamic and Sports Rigid Taping Workshop – Paul Herman
- Lyn Watson Level 2 Shoulder Course
- Using psychological pain management tools and news ways of communicating with your patients in the physical therapy setting – Helen Mentha Mentha Consulting Motivational Interviewing and Kaye Frankcom
- The sporting hip and groin (Level 1) Hip and Groin Clinic – Andrew Wallis
- The sporting hip and groin (Level 2) Hip and Groin Clinic – Andrew Wallis
- Exercise for chronic pain 2 hour workshop – Nick Efthimiou (osteopath)
- The Sporting Shoulder Course – 1 Day -Lyn Watson Shoulder Course – Simon Balster
If you would like to book to see Tim, please do so online via our webpage or call us on 0396709290.
Principle Four Osteopathy is located on level 4 at 178 Collins St Melbourne City CBD 3000.